Through the Sands and Ether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies Night (open, thursday night)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ladies Night (open, thursday night) Empty Ladies Night (open, thursday night)

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:41 am

The club known simply as Caduceus is a contemporary structure of varying shades of white blanketed in multi-colored lights. The music's bass could nearly shake the foundation of Mount Olympus. The glass front doors are frosted with golden handles in the shape of the staff for which the club is named. Past the doors is a large foyer that opens up into an enormous dance floor. Dozens of white tables and chairs sit on either side of the dance room, each with a white candle sitting in a glass magenta sphere in the center of the table. Cage dancers grind away in very little clothing hanging from the ceiling, women on the left and men on the right. A man and woman dance on white aerial silks suspended high above the dance floor.

There are staircases on either side of the dance floor immediately after leaving the foyer, both of which lead to the loft where there is more seating and a large elliptical white and silver bar with three incredibly attractive bartenders happily mixing drinks for the many club-goers. There are two girls, a curly-haired brunette and a redhead with dimples. The other is a tall, broad-shouldered man with shoulder-length black hair. All of them had a fair bit of glitter on their skin, as did most of the dancers.

The place is packed with girls dressed in far too little clothing, celebrities, and loaded businessmen. Most of them are regulars, but the common club-goers are all mainly here for ladies night. Every Thursday, girls drink free at Caduceus. The girls come to have a great time. The boys come to pick up the wasted girls. Luckily, Caduceus has never been known for a lack of security. Bouncers are evenly placed throughout the club, two of them on either side of a golden door blocked with a velvet rope and a sign that reads "THE CLOUDS - VIP ONLY". This room has large glass windows that sit above the bar on the back wall, overviewing the loft and the dance floor. Here, the club's owner Hermes meets with his close friends and personal associates, oversees the night's events, and occasionally picks out a few lucky girls and boys to come and join his private party in "the clouds".

Back to top Go down

Ladies Night (open, thursday night) Empty Re: Ladies Night (open, thursday night)

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Angel burst through the doors of Caduceus. It smells of alcohol, and the smell is starting to get to his head. He makes his was through the dance floors, floating above the patrons to get to the stairs. He looks at the bar, deciding not to get a drink. The dancers are everywhere, and he doesn't like glitter. He tries to avoid them best he can. The patrons themselves, they disgust Angel. The women don't have decency and all of the men try to pick up from that. One thought did slip his mind, however. It's Thursday night. That meant that the scum of the Earth try to come and pick up drunk women. Angel kept his eye open for any nuisances, even though there was security. He hated men that tried to get with women that weren't sober. It was sick. He finally reached the golden door, and he stared at the two bouncers. He looked at them, then pointed to the bar.
"Go get yourselves something to drink. I have a few words for father." He said, walking through the door and into the VIP room.

Back to top Go down

Ladies Night (open, thursday night) Empty Re: Ladies Night (open, thursday night)

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:26 pm

The guards let Angel pass without a second thought.

The VIP room is more colored in deep shades of red, contrasting against the rest of the club's white scheme. It has its own bar, though much smaller than the one just beneath the large wall-sized windows on the opposite wall. Hermes is leaning with his shoulders on the bar, whispering something in the bartender's ear. It was a young man with dirty blond hair and bright green eyes and judging by his face, whatever Hermes was whispering to him was no doubt flirtatious.

The bartender notices Angel's presence not long after walking through the golden door. He places a hand on Hermes' shoulder, attempting to alert the God to Angel's presence but can't say anything beyond Hermes' name. Needless to say, he's a little shocked to have just been walked in on with Hermes by the God's own son.

Hermes looks up.

"Damn it Cable, what now?"

He sees his son out of his peripheral and a blush creeps over his cheeks rivaling the shade of his sunglasses.

"Oh... Shit... Heeeeeey buddy!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Angel stands in front of his father, his eyes narrowed. His father had known this look. He knew what was coming.

"Father, we need to talk. Now. And yes, it's that important." He said, not really wanting to be there talking to him at all. He needed to show Hermes the note that he received the day before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Hermes sighed and waved his hand at Cable to dismiss him. The bartender strode out through the gold door and Hermes took a seat next to the window.

"Come, sit. What's so important that you couldn't call?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Angel threw him the note.
"Read it, and tell me if you know anything about it.
He said, sitting down next to his father. "Some prick handed it to me while I was talking to a friend. She got one too, but it was addressed differently."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Hermes removed his magenta shades and read over the letter once or twice, a serious look over his face. He folded it back up and slid it across the table to his son. Relaxing in his chair, he took a sip from a martini glass he hadn't finished earlier.

"Well... That's very interesting but I don't think you need to be afraid of whoever sent this letter. Whoever it is, she's looking out for you. Mothers don't lead children astray, at least not good ones. The letter said you'd be meeting on the sixth. Do you plan on going?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Angel rolled his eyes.
"Good fathers don't lead their sons astray, but look where you've gotten with yours He said, taking the note. "I do plan on going to this meeting, however."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Hermes scoffed.

"Well I've never been a good father, you've made that abundantly clear. And a bad father never corrects his son."

He finished his martini in one go and set the empty glass on the table.

"But we've done this song and dance before, son. There's no point in doing it again. So, back to business. It seems whoever sent these letters is gathering up young gifted mortals and demi-gods to help you kids fully understand your powers. Some woman asks to make my son more powerful and attuned to his heritage, I'm thrilled! But I'm not advocating you to go wandering in there blind."

He stood up, went behind the bar and grabbed a small box. He opened the lid and withdrew a small golden pin in the shape of the caduceus staff with a small piece of amethyst topping it. He handed it out to Angel.

"Wear it. Please. If anything were to happen to you... Well... Just keep it on, okay? It'll let me know where you are and if you're in danger. And if this woman is right about these hunters, you're gonna need my protection. Maybe more."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:38 am

Angel looked at his father and half smiled. His father actually wanted to protect him. He pulled his dad in for a hug. "Thanks dad. I see you actually care about my well being for once" He said, twirling his flute. He took the pin and put it on his jacket.

Last edited by Angelos Antipatros on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:55 am

((Please refrain from giving too much information. Thank you.))
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

https://throughtheether.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 am

((I edited it Razz))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 am

((I haven't said anything that wasn't in the letter))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 am

The God smiled and nodded his head.

"Right. Well, best get out of here before you start hating me again. Go on, get goin'. And hey, maybe dance with a girl before you leave. With a face like that, you should have women lining down the street."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:46 am

He smiled at Hermes.

"I don't want to dance with anyone here. I have a girl in mind already." He said, smiling at the thought at Sayomi.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 am

Hermes shrugged his shoulders.

"Eh, hey, to each their own. So, who is this lucky girl? Is she human?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 am

He sat down on a plush couch near the window. "She's not exactly human. Now, I know it sounds crazy, but I met her, drunk, at Dite's club."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:21 am

Hermes placed his hand over his heart and made a dramatic face.

"You were at Aphro's club? If your intention was to shoot an arrow through my heart... [Only admins are allowed to see this link]"

He laughed at his own comedy and smiled warmly. He rapped on the window harshly, getting one of the bartenders' attention. She immediately stopped mixing the drink she had been working on, much to her customer's chagrin, and walked through the gold door. Hermes ordered another martini and she got to work on it straight away.

"But no, no, 'Dite and I have a very friendly competition going. I don't mind if you go there every night, so long as you have fun. But Angel, darling, sweety, baby... Getting drunk and picking up girls in night clubs? Aphrodite's night club, no less. Bud, that is just no place to find true love. Girl hasn't been the same since, well, nevermind. So how is this girl not exactly human?"

((Click on "Bullseye!"))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:27 am

He laughed at his father's comedy.

"Ehh, It was a mishap. She caught my eye, and now, I can't get her out of my mind. And, her mother and father...well, they're...Not human. I don't know how to explain it. I guess the best way to is for her to explain.." He said, looking out of the window.
"Want to meet her?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 am

"Of course! I'd love to meet her! Especially now that you've stoked my curiosity. You know me, I can't stand being out of the loop."

The curly-haired brunette bartender gave Hermes his fresh margarita and turned to ask Angel "Can I get you anything, handsome?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:38 am

Angel shook his head and smiled.
"So curious.." He said, then turned to the brunette.
"Give me whatever you gave him."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 am

The brunette gave Hermes a questioning look. He nodded in approval and she went back behind the bar.

She came back with a drink identical to Hermes': a martini glass filled with fresh pomegranate juice, an ounce of vodka, and a splash of orange liqueur with a thin spiral slice of orange peel for garnish.

Hermes held up his drink.

"Cheers."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 am

Angel smiled as he took the drink, then looked at his father with a smile. Something he hadn't done in years. Their relationship was slowly but surely repairing itself.

"Cheers" He said, taking a sip of his drink.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:02 am

Hermes set his drink down and looked over his son from behind his magenta glasses.

"You're still here... I mean, I'm not complaining. Just surprised."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 pm

He gave his dad a wink.
"Well, someone has to make sure you get home safe."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next