Through the Sands and Ether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open] Empty open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open]

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 pm

the waves crash against the cliffs, the sky is clear, the stars shine bright, and a light breeze blows out to sea. nic stares out, sitting on the cliff, his wings streached out. he plucks a single, pure white feather off his wing and blows it from his palm to follow the breeze.

Back to top Go down

open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open] Empty Re: open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open]

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Axel was working a small gig about a mile away and after it was over and he collected his pay, he took off with some party favors rather than watching the party die down. He walked for what felt like ages along the seaside, an almost untouched fifth of Jack in one hand, and a fresh 2 liter of coke in the other. The happenings of late were stressing him out and he just needed to get away. After finding a nice place to rest and take in the beauty he decided to take a seat and stare at the stars, not even noticing someone was near by, in a sense the lights were on, but nobody was home, or they were fast asleep at the very least.

Back to top Go down

open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open] Empty Re: open ocean and shining stars [8/7, midnight, open]

Post  Fate and Fury Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:48 am

On silent wings, looking not a little like a blood spattered dark angel, Dami floated up in front of her brother, a red apple in her hand. She wore a dress that was loose enough to blow in the wind slightly. It matches the "blood spatter" on her wings. The apple she tosses at her brother, bouncing it off his head. "Go talk to him, Orion! Kid looks like he could use a friend. Quit bein' anti-social!" She hissed in his head. And Goddess knows, he had all that negative coming off him like a stench.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

https://throughtheether.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:59 am

nic caught the apple inches from his face, and took a bite. 'dont make me. theres no reason for me to talk to him...' he replyed tellapaticly, and sighed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 am

*The crunch of the apple being bit into caught his eye. Glancing over to realize he wasn't alone he let off a sigh and stood to find a new location.*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:13 am

Angel was playing his flute, once again. He caught sight of three people, and sat a distance away. His eyes narrowed when he saw the same person who gave him a note not too long ago, but decided to keep his tongue. His eyes quickly scanned everyone, then he went back to his flute.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 am

Damiana pitched her voice. The quality of it really was very beautiful. The girl might have almost been a siren. But it lacked something. "Hey, dude. Don't scamper off so fast. Stay awhile and get to know some of us. You give out letters, then run like a scared little rabbit. The fuck is up with that?" Nic had refused to talk to the kid, so it looked like it was Dami's job. And she wasn't the type to mince words. Or be particularly polite. Staright, no chaser. Foreplay, what foreplay?
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:58 am

nic sighed. that sister of his... wait... "letters? what letters?" he asked her, lost.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:09 am

He sighed seeing as how they recognized him.

"So, you saw... I don't recall giving you one though."

He turned slowly and took a swig of jack while looking her over.

"You look about the type though... so what do you want with me, a humble messenger, probably less in the loop than you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 am

She reached out, knocking on her brother's head. "Catch up, brother mine. Take a listen." She shook her head slightly. "Yeah, I look about the type. Cuz I'm not surrounded by mortals. Wake up, boys and girls. Those letters? They're just the beginning. A storm is coming. Coming for anything that doesn't look like Mike, Joe or Billy-Bob down the street. You're right, you didn't give me one. Cuz I know how to blend with the normies so they can't tell what I am." She hovered up, alighting on the cliff. The instant her feet touched ground, the wings disappeared.

"I'm Damiana. Daughter of a goddess born of Love and Hell itself. Since you lot won't take initiative to open your mouths, I might as well let you know...I know who you are. I don't know your names, or didn't before a little bit ago, but I've seen you. Each of you. Now, I'm betting those letters said that we needed to learn, to be taught. I'm guessin' no one else noticed the building that popped up on that there hill." She pointed, and sure enough, the building was there. "It's where we're learnin'." She looked down at her brother. "Gotta remember to thank Mom for the Sight. It fuckin' sucks."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:45 am

"..." nics wings dissapeared and he laid back, listening to his sister tell them all the hidden workings of the world. "I guess she saw that people arnt exactly shy about their differences." he sighed. "Shes telling you all this isnt Oraion, this is the real world people. Humans dont exactly love us for what we are"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 am

"Whatever, you two are just so full of yourselves. Most people couldn't care less about who your parents are, it's about who you are, unless you're some sort of extremist, and don't even get me started on those short sighted self serving bastards." He takes another sip. "" They can all go straight to hell, self righteous pricks, I got half a nerve to..." He cut his words there taking a seat on the ledge and drinking more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 am

Dami pattedher brother's stomach lightly. "Thank you for translating, Orion." She said wryly. She lifted a brow at the kid. "Easy for you to say, one who likes to hide who is father even is. You don't like your dad? Suck it up, spit out and move on. Spare me the disbelief and denial bullshit. It gives me a fuckin' headache. You're hiding from the truth, just like you hide from yourself. I could care less that you don't fuckin' see what I know. Just make sure that you don't take anyone else down with ya when this shit goes pear shaped and rocks your fucking world on it's axis." Dami shook her head a bit.

"The humans out there don't believe in us anymore. They don't remember those days. They sure as fuck don't remember the respect they had for us. But they can remember fear. And humans don't like fear. They like to kill what they fear. And anyone who isn't white bread, plain old human is gonna die. Especially if you flaunt what you have. Envy, boys and girls. It's a killer." She said sardonically, taking a seat, as well.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 am

The snap of a broken branch stilled the night. A medium-sized stag stood under the moonlight, its hoof having stepped on the fallen twig. Its antlers cast streaking shadows as they cut the light of Selene. Though the night was indeed dark, a sharp eye could see this stag was black, as were his antlers. His eyes shined red from within, like those of a white rabbit. His hot breath steamed in the cold night air even more so than a normal animal's would, like a pool of steaming hot water in the frozen mountains.
It merely stared in the direction of the youths, stilled like a statue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm

The snap of the twig made him pause, but he didn't bother to look just yet. "How would you know how I feel about my dad or who that even is?" He took another drink. "You have no idea what I'm dealing with, hell until recently I didn't even know what I was, just that I could do some cool shit and there might be a reason why, and the fact you and some voice on the wind know the reason has me wonder why I was left in the dark for so long..." He sets down the bottle. "I don't want pity and I'm not whining, I'm just saying I went from human, to a freak, to a demigod asked to find others like me and fight... is some time to adjust really too much to ask?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 pm

nic glanced at the creture, a piercing glare that says to stop hiding. but in the end he lets it go, seeming to not care about its presence"we dont know what your dealing with?" nic replyed with disgust. "our fathers cursed to the seas, our mothers bottling depression over it, we've delt with shit you'll never know, and on top of humans, half the gods hate the simple fact we were born... yet your the whining pussy here, over relizing your a DEMI GOD. get over yourself. noones pittying you for your daddy issues." his sister knows nic isnt usually this blunt. clearly something struck him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Dami's eyes met those of the stag, her eyebrow raising silently in a look that seemed to say to him, 'You see the shit I gotta put up with?' Her hand stroked over Nic's skin soothingly. He's the only one Dami ever actually cared about getting upset. Her icy blue eyes narrowed. "You say you don't want pity, but it sure as fuck sounds like that's exactly what you're lookin' for. There's not a goddamn person here who doesn't have some sort of daddy induced issues.

You're sittin' here, bemoaning the fact that your life has changed so very much."
Her voice pitched into a semi malicious, but decent mimic of his own. "'I was just a human. Can I just have a little time to adjust?' Fuck that, and fuck you. Not a single one of us freaks had a few moments to breathe and adjust while our fucking worlds fell apart. What in all the Hells makes you so goddamn preciously special? The answer is: Not a godforsaken thing. The kids aren't all right. And nobody gives a flying fuck." Damiana spit.

At one side, her words are extremely incendiary. At the other side, everyone sitting here can here the ring of truth in that voice. This was truth how very few actually chose to give it. At once, it is not a siren's voice, but almost that of judgement. A final verdict.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:07 pm

The stag snorted at the boy's gaze and nodded in approval to the girl. That is, if stags did that sort of thing.

It trodded its way towards the group, head held high, and bent its knees to lay down at Damiana's side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Angel was listening to the conversation, and when Nic and Dami spoke, he half chuckled. He stood up and walked over to the group. He turned to Axel. "You know, they're both right. Don't think your anything special. Most gods hate us demi-gods just for existing. Just because you have daddy issues doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to stop so you can get your shit together. Most of us do have family issues, so believe me, your not the first. You want pity, go find an animal to talk to, cause your not going to find any around here. " He said, with a sarcastic tone. "All of our lives were shit since birth. So please, don't bitch and moan. Just deal with it." He said, taking a seat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 am

"What part of all I want is some fucking time don't you dip shits get, yeah, most the world has daddy issues, but you emo brats are talking like that is what is wrong with me, I just found out I wasn't the species I was raised as, I just know know what you piss ants have had a lifetime or more to adjust to, so excuse me for being polite enough to let you know I don't want to talk, I'd rather enjoy a damn drink and rethink my life, no pity, just common courtesy to figure out my life. If you recall I was walking away when you stopped me miss know it all, because I WANT TO BE ALONE." With one long chug he finished the bottle. "Just let me enjoy this buzz for five minutes without one of your annoying voices digging into my skull." He starts to stagger away while flipping them off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 am

nic sighed. "το παιδί στο μυαλό, τρέχει από το φόβο. όταν μεγαλώσεις, θα δεχθεί τον κόσμο όπως είναι." nic is speaking in a long dead tongue. even those that know its decendant would not understand

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:30 am

((And what about those who predate the human race and language in and of itself?))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:35 am

(you and dami are the only ones here that should understand Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 am

((just clarifying))

The stag began to make short and shallow choking noises. To these kids, it would be entirely believable to think this creature was in pain but only because they had never seen a stag laugh before. The beast rose to its hooves, its knees shaking with its own laughter. Its skin began to scrunch up on its back and its head craned back as its knees buckled and it cried out in a truly pain-filled short gasp. It was over quickly as the stag's body morphed into the form of a teenage boy.

"HA! HAHA! HAHAHA! Oh wow, I haven't seen an outburst like that since Perseus! Oh man, that kid could give Hera a run for her money in the Dramalympics!"

He wiped a tear from his eye as his laughter subsided.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 am

Dami had laid her hand on the stag as it settled itself next to her. The sounds coming from it don't worry her. She knows exactly what's happening. A wicked smirk played over her mouth. Ice blue eyes rolled. As stag becomes the man she knows, those disdainful eyes are settled on the back of the now retreating boy. "Yeah, and I always thought Hera whined like a dumbass bitch. I think he's rivaling her for the amount of useless space he's occupying. I'm torn between making him a llama or a fucking rat. Because he's either whining and dramatic, or he's running scared." If a voice could drip with venom, hers is blatant.

She leaned over, speaking to Zagreus in a tongue that could only be described as evil and demonic. "Who'd have thought that a son of Apollo would be so damn pathetic. He must be so very proud."

((Further clarification for Zagreus. He is speaking in a dialect of Ancient Greek that was spoken in Sparta, where Kaya was originally from.))
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next