Through the Sands and Ether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cold, Starry, Night. [8/5, Open, Night]

Go down

A Cold, Starry, Night.  [8/5, Open, Night] Empty A Cold, Starry, Night. [8/5, Open, Night]

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:07 am

Angel sat on a blanket in the park. He was dressed in a pair of cargo shorts and a white V-neck. The sky was clear, and it was perfect flute-playing weather. The wind blew softly, ruffling his hair a bit, but he didn't mind. He slowly put the flute to his mouth, playing a very soft tune, like a lullaby. It was almost like he was playing the city to sleep.

Back to top Go down

A Cold, Starry, Night.  [8/5, Open, Night] Empty Re: A Cold, Starry, Night. [8/5, Open, Night]

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:15 am

A voice came on the wind that joined the notes of his flute. It was feminine, within the lower and huskier registers. It was a good counter to his light flute sounds. And somehow, that voice knew the notes to the tune he played. Damiana melted from the shadows, on silent feet, spoiling the illusion that the voice was purely ethereal. She's in an overly large pullover that zipped, and very worn cutoffs. Her feet are bare.

She stopped by the edge of his blanket, waiting for his invitation to sit. An old fashioned habit.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

https://throughtheether.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Cold, Starry, Night.  [8/5, Open, Night] Empty Re: A Cold, Starry, Night. [8/5, Open, Night]

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 am

He motioned for her to sit. You know you don't have to ask to sit with me. He said with a smile on his face. His lips went back to the flute, his eyes never leaving Damiana.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am

She smiled slightly, as she took a seat. "Well, that's good, I suppose." She met his eyes unabashedly, stretching her legs out in front of her. And when he began playing again, joined her voice to the music. Once he finished his lullaby, she stills at with her blue eyes on him. "Why do you play for a city that doesn't hear anymore?" She asked softly.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:27 am

"Because, though it doesn't seem, someone is listening." He said, his eyes locking with hers. "I ask myself the same question almost every day. It escapes me, and it also calms me. I just love playing it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 am

She seems unbothered by the eye contact, and keeps her eyes on his. "Someone is always listening. It's simply rarely the one we'd want to be doing so." Damiana said with a slight smile on her face. Sounding as if she were quoting something, she said softly. "I believe in you. I'd give up everything just to find you. I'll miss the winter, a world of fragile things. Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree." There's an edge of song in her voice. "I know you hear me. I can taste in your tears. Closing your eyes to disappear. You pray your dreams will leave you here. Still, you awake and know the truth. No one's there"
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:52 am

He sighed and shook his head. Your right. No one can hear my song, but, its calming to me. It's my calling. He said with a half smile, closing his eyes, he laid back on his blanket.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 am

Damiana laid back, as well. "Music can alter moods and talk to you." She said softly. "Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars. Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forever more. Strangers in the night exchanging glances. Wandering in the night, what were the chances?" She still quoted music, but it's fairly more certain what she's saying. "A strand in the web of all existence revealed in the joy of a midnight kiss. Spanning the centuries of starlit distance, or so it would seem on a night like this."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Angel looked at her softly. "Speaking of, what are you doing out here this time? Usually, I'd think one would be sleep."

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm

She looked back at him. "I rarely sleep. Hypnos forgets me, most nights. Perhaps I'm not interesting anough for him. So, I find myself wandering. 'They say she wandered very far, over land and sea. Then one day, a magic day she passed my way. While we spoke of many thing, fools and kings.'" She told him, laughing softly. "So, tell me why you're out and about."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Angel smiled. "I also rarely sleep. My eyes and ears are always open, and my flute helps me pass the time." He said, waving his flute. The wind blew gently, and he closed his eyes, letting the wind hit his face.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 pm

That wind blew, and Damiana's hand lifted, gesturing. It reacted to her hand motion, the other hand lifting. This seemed to warm the air. Damiana released the wind she'd gathered, her other hand still raised. It simply left the breeze warmer than it had been. "Sometimes, company is welcome deep in the night."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:49 pm

"Right you are. It gets lonely sometimes, but, I manage." Angel's smile had faded. He really was lonely. He didn't have anybody. He was damn near alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 pm

She rolled silently to her stomach, looking down at him. "Liar. Not about being lonely. About managing. It's starting to wear you down. " She told him softly. Her chin rested in her hand while her crystalline eyes settled on his face. "It's starting to wear on me, as well."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:05 pm

He raised an eyebrow and looked at her. "You too? How can you be lonely?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:11 pm

She smiled, and quoted a song. "Solitary girl, I have been. Living in a cell made of skin. Sealed inside myself, nothing gets out or gets in. I'd give up everything I possess. Tell me where you keep your happiness. i look more and more, and I find less and less. I don't know what they know, but I make it up as I go." She told him softly.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Angel closed his eyes once more. "Well, I'm here. If you ever feel alone, just follow the sound of the flute."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down