Through the Sands and Ether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?)

Go down

Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?) Empty Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?)

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Kaya sat on the swing outside her home. She had a mug of tea beside her to one side. At the other, Vulpix curled on the seat, her head in her lap. A cat, bigger than the normal housecat, laid attentive behind her. A big dog curled at her feet. All of the animals knew their mistress wasn't doing as well as she could be. Her face is kept free of much expression, and her eyes were distant as the stars.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

https://throughtheether.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?) Empty Re: Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?)

Post  Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Mika walked up to Kaya's house. Her fashion sense hadn't changed much since she had been in school. She still wore dark gothic looking dress she had made. She walked up to the door quietly and knocked.

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?) Empty Re: Sunday Morning Solitude (Kaya's home, open?)

Post  Fate and Fury Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Kaya's voice came from around the corner. "Around the corner on the swing, darlin'." She said softly, knowing full well who it was at her door. Mika rounds the corner to find the other woman swinging gently on the swing, the animals clustered around her. The dog doesn't even bother to bark. He thumps his tail in greeting, getting up as quickly as his old bones can manage it.

Mika knows Kaya well enough to know, with the animals being clustered around her, she's having a difficult day. The date would explain why, it being an anniversary for Kaya and her mate. The absence of said mate made it a bad one for the empath.

Kaya's own taste in clothing hadn't changed. She leaned toward slightly more gothic tastes, as well, though hers were decidedly girlier Victorian goth styles.

Last edited by Fate and Fury on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Mika walks over towards Kaya, patting the dog on the head as he gets up. Mika's eyes fall gently on Kaya, remembering the day. "How are you holding up?" she asks quietly, knowing the sensitivity of the subject. It's in Mika's nature however to try and help when she can. She places a hand comfortingly on her shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 am

Vulpix moved into Kaya's lap, making room for Mika beside her on the swing. For long moments, Kaya doesn't answer, though her hand covers Mika's on her shoulder. "I don't know. Each year gets a little worse. Each Christmas or birthday missed. Anniversaries on a lazy Sunday should be celebrated by staying in bed, private breakfasts, and a favorite shared activity. I miss waking up beside him, Mika." Kaya's eyes looked up. Her voice was plaintive, sad. But the tears were not coming. Over the years, she'd cried enough of them.

Kaya glanced away, trying to shut away her own thoughts. "How are you today, dearest?" She asked Mika softly.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 am

Mika took the seat that Vulpix had made for her. She wrapped an arm around Kaya. "I know hun." Mika took the Kaya's desire to change the subject, she knew by now. "I'm fine. Sayomi is driving me up the wall again. She's still as rambunctious as ever. She even dyed her hair now, saying it puts difference between her and me." Mika sighed lightly, "I swear It's like she is more and more like Miyako everyday." she ran a hand through her hair. She never managed to break that habit when she was frustrated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Kaya gave a bark of laughter. "It's little surprise our daughters get along. Just this morning, I argued with her about how many different boys I've seen her with lately. She's so determined to be the very opposite of everything I was at her age. Nicodemus is a very clear mixture of Haro and I, but Damiana is so much more like her grandmother. I don't even know how it happened." She rested her head on Mika's shoulder.

"You have to wonder what goes through their minds. I never thought I'd spend so much time feeling like Public Enemy Number 1. At their ages, we weren't like that. I think?" The last is a question, said with a smile. "What are your plans for the day? The twins scampered off to the library. Supposedly studying. That won't last long."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Mika sighed knowing Kaya was right, "I don't think that we were like that at their age, but who knows know. Although at her age I was still an orphan, didn't meet my mother for a few more years, and at that point it was more like, wait I have a mother?" Mika said with a small laugh. "It would just be nice not to be public enemy number one for a while."

She furrowed her brow slightly in thought, "I don't think I had much of a plan for the day. Sayomi ran off into town, I'm sure she won't be home for quite a while. Actually I won't be surprised if she doesn't come home till tomorrow. So I guess it's just me and the house." she sighed. She still hated an empty house, too many memories of what an empty house meant growing up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum