Through the Sands and Ether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roof Over Our Heads [8/3]

Go down

The Roof Over Our Heads [8/3] Empty The Roof Over Our Heads [8/3]

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:25 am

MP3 player in her pocket, Dami had climbed out of her bedroom window. She done this countless times before, ever since she was a child. It reminded her of those times. Simpler and peaceful years, rather than the hell she found herself in now. Each day the hole inside her got a little bigger at a time. She couldn't decide what ached more. Lost innocence or having one of the people you loved most gone.

Ear buds in her ears, blaring music, she perched. She couldn't say the stars soothed her. She could say that being under them felt better than the feeling of suffocation in the house. She rarely slept anymore. Tonight was just another sleepless night. The white cami and short shorts were usual sleeping attire for her. It wasn't like she got cold easily.

Last edited by Fate and Fury on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

https://throughtheether.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Roof Over Our Heads [8/3] Empty Re: The Roof Over Our Heads [8/3]

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 am

a snow white feather landed on her nose, and she feels a familiar presence behind her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 am

Legs stretched out and braced against one of the risings of the roof, her hand lifted to the feather that sat on her nose. She pulled it away. Her own wings were unhidden. The blood spattered effect is heavy on them this night, for whatever reason. They're often that way after she has nightmares. The ones she never talks about. She set it on her palm, blowing breath from her lungs to make it float. She simply waits for Nic to sit down with her, where he will.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:55 am

as expected, nic sits beside her, a white wing wrapping her, matching his arm around her. he knows her. she wont talk. so he simply trys to comfort her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 am

She leaned against him. Her own arm and wing comes around him, as well. She sat in silence for a good bit of time. Finally she spoke, looking up at the sky. "I climbed up here to fall apart. I'm so tired of getting back up. My dreams have not been kind. They've shown me all the ways I've failed. Fallen, I have sunk so low. I messed up, better I should know.

We believe that we could change ourselves, that the past could be undone. It's the bitter taste of losing everything I've held so dear."
His usually strong sister had tears falling down her face. She reached for his hand, bringing it to her cheek. Her words seemed to be addressed directly to him. "Night lifted the shades, let in the brilliant light of morning. But steady me now, for I am weak and starving for mercy. Sleep has left me alone to carry the weight of unraveling where we went wrong. It's all I can do to hang on, to keep me from falling." She kept his hand in hers, but it dropped to her lap. "Innocence. You'll never be mine. Never again." She said, staring out at the stars.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:47 am

"..." nic brought his hand gently back to her cheek, wiping tears away. with her attention, he smiles. "youll never be alone. when darkness comes I'll light the night with stars." he moved his cheek to hers and whispered in her ear. "hear my whispers in the dark" his other wing came around them, drawing her own in. both his arms now wrapped her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:31 am

She let him draw her in to the embrace, laying her head on his shoulder. "I have made mistakes, and I have been afraid. I have felt alone, then you call my name. I've been such a fool when I have known the truth. I wasted so much time doing what I wanted to. I'd been living solely for myself and myself only. I toss and turn and scream. I try to do everything. I feel so far from home, completely all alone. And then I hear you say, 'I am here. I am here.'" She rubbed her cheek against his shoulder. It let her hide her face somewhat.

"I didn't say all the things that I wanted to say, and you can't take back what you have taken away. I feel you near me. Healing comes so painfully, and it chills to the bone. Will anyone get close to me? I'm damaged, as I'm sure you know. I am scared, and I'm alone. I'm ashamed, and I need for you to know. I'm not a stranger. Know I am yours. Crippled anger, and tears that still drip sore. A fragile frame etched with misery, but when our eyes meet, I know you see.

I do not want to be afraid. I do not want to die inside just to breathe in. I'm tired of feeling so numb. These scars wouldn't be so hidden, if you would just look me in the eye. The only anesthetic that makes me feel anything kills inside."
She trailed off, taking a breath, two, three. She's still crying.

"Only known heartache and pain. Never known a pain like this. Why did I get taken advantage? Why do I live in a world so cold? Cold is the throne of a hardened heart. No one has seen the softest part. Day after night, she holds an ache. Won't budge to show this secret place."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:30 am

"..." nic holds her tight, drawing her in. his wings have made a sort of shelter around them. "im always here for you... your never alone. anything you need... any pain you feel... any trouble you have... im here.... im always here. please understand that..." she isnt the only one hiding their face. hes biting his lip hard. the fact she feels alone... it hits him hard. hes been trying to be there for her always...if she feels this way, he feels hes failed her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:50 am

She brought his eyes to hers, though hers were drenched. She swallowed hard, trying to clear the lump in her throat. Her eyes were a little too wide, but she had to finish this. "I do not have forgiveness for a man who was stronger. When he told me, 'I would be the one to hold you down, kiss you so hard. I'll take your breath away. And after I wipe away your tears. Just close your eyes." Her voice was hard and bitter, her eyes resembling glittering crystal, sharp and cold.

"I'm unclean, flithy and I can't get his scent off me. Beneath the surface of her crooked smile, nobody knew about her secret, so it took awhile. Violated and chased. Gotta find a way to survive, cuz he wins if my soul dies." Her blue eyes were blind, seeing nothing in front of her. "These are the lies, hell in paradise. Legions suffer for the few, never knowing they were used. This is the way dignity turns to dismay. Driven by the blackened heart, smiling as they come apart. That God doesn't live here anymore." She said sardonically.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 am

"..." blood trickles from his lip, hes holding her to hide his face. as it all sinks in, hes dumbfounded. how long has she hid this? when could it have happened? and how could he let it!? what kind of useless brother is he?! ... no, no. hold it... she comes first. he licks the blood away and looks her in the eyes. hes trying to find the words to say. something comforting. something calming. something...something... but nothing... he simply brings her in to another embrace. he wants to say hes here. he wants to say shes safe. he wants to say... but all words escape him... or maybe they just arent enough...

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 am

For the first time a quite a few years, his highly independent sister clings to him. As he pulls her closer, into another embrace, she allows herself to be brought near. And she burrows into him. She hasn't noticed, and he likely doesn't until he feels that the front of his shirt is soaked, but she is crying silently.

There's relief in her eyes, the gaze tired and careworn. Her eyes look years aged in her face before that too experienced visage gets put behind her normal one. She was murmuring to him in a low voice. "I love you. I'm sorry. I didn't... I should have... But I couldn't. He said...kill Dad...Couldn't tell. He was a horse... Tricked me. Middle of class. Why I never went back." She was babbling pieces of pertinent information in between nuzzling his neck.

"You're the only thing...kept me sane. I love you, Orion. So sorry. I know...not the same. Won't be the same.." She trailed off, her arms tightening around him slightly.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:04 am

he let her cry into him, cradling her in his arms. his wings drew closer, as if to hold her aswell. "...your still you. the person dearest to my heart. the one i love most in the world. your my beloved astra... nothing will ever change that"

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:24 pm

She'd never felt safer than right at that moment. She also knew that she had to ease his fears and disappointments. He didn't rail or scream, but she knows her beloved, as well as he knows her. Her arms twined closer, hands beginning to stroke. "I want you to know you didn't fail me, Orion. Not now, not then. Please don't think that. You're the one that's loved me through this. The only thing that kept me going. You've been my blessing, Orion. You've also continued to protect me from him." The god in question had stalked her for a long while afterwards. It's why she never protested too hard at having Nic beisde her. "I love you."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:00 pm

let it go. let it go. nic holds his breath for a moment, but afew tears escape him. his grip on his sister tightens abit. he wants to slay the god in question. he wants tell her he'll always protect her. he wants... he... but once more, words escape him. his lips would release their rage if he speaks. and their dissapointment. dispite her words, her brother cant help but feel hes failed to protect her. the person most precious to him was hurt and he could do nothing.. "i love you too, astra..." is all he can let slip while keeping his tongue tamed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:19 pm

She knew it would take time for that feeling inside him to fade away. She knew he was angry. He would help her gain vengeance when she wasn't so raw. She'd torn herself wide open in confessing, but now she bled red instead of the infection that had eaten away inside her. She lifted her head, kissing her brother's face lightly, catching the tears he cried with her lips. Her hands came to his face, framing it lightly. She collected the tears before she kissed him. It was a full kiss, but meant as sharing and bonding more than anything else.
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:11 pm

nic was paused for a moment, but slowly eased into the kiss, his tense, shaking body relaxing alittle. with that loosening, he lost afew more tears

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate and Fury Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Her hands still caught the tears, wiping them away. She hadn't been able to give him one first, but there were a million others he'd gotten. She highly doubted he knew that. But that was okay. She knew. Their lips had moved together, and she lightly touched her tongue to his lips, asking him to open up. She spoke in his mind. "Hold me tonight, Orion. I think I'll sleep peacefully if you're beside me."
Fate and Fury
Fate and Fury
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:13 pm

his tongue met her invitation and his arms held her tight again. his wings once more wrapped them, completely encasing the pair from the outside world, both a blanket and shelter. "then ill never let you go, dearest astra"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum